Wednesday, December 14, 2011

First Week

Today we received two snail mail letters, and two emails! While she is in the MTC Wednesdays are her prep days so that's when she can email.
Here is what she wrote:

 This week has been fun. Arriving to the MTC was crazy and overwhelming, but has gotten better in time. So far I have been able to hear from Sister Elaine Dibbs ( the Prophet's Daughter) the 2nd counselor of the Young Women's. Then the BYU Men's Choir, amazing, and then last night Sister Dalton the General President of the Young Women's, I really enjoyed her, she told us that we need to be striving to get the best gifts from the spirit we can, along with that we need to be asking for those gifts/blessings as well. I love my ASL District there are 10 of us all going to different parts of the US. The teachers are amazing and so funny, one, Brother Ikda is from Japan and is Deaf and every time he teaches we are laughing so much all four the us (the Sisters) have side pains. I love my companion, Sister Cardita she is from Gilbert Arizona and is going to be serving in Temple Square. There two other sisters Sister Gardener, and Sister Quarry both going to Portland. We are all ASL Sister. We stick together all the time, we are roommates as well. I am learning so much, some of the Language classes are review but they still help me so much. Last night one of the Counselors in the Branch Presidency told my District, that we will be closer because we share a common love for a group of people who over history have been oppressed, and we are chosen to bring light into their lives and make them happy. I know this is true because i Love the Deaf so much already and i cant wait to be out serving them and doing the Lord work. :)
 
Sister Longan 


It's been so quiet here without her here, which is hard to believe with this house full of kids!! We do miss her around here! 

1 comment:

  1. I received a letter from her last week...she said that she loves her new companion and that she is excited to be sitting in the front for all of the devotionals! Spoiled girl!

    I'm working on her Christmas package - I have more time since I am only one city away!!

    ReplyDelete