I also got some mail today because we went to transfers... when other missionaries are assigned to go to different part of the mission... we went because sis Nixon leaves in the morning. BUT!! Because I was there I was able to get the mail that has arrived to me :) yay!!! I love getting mail!! I got the letter you sent me with the letters from the kids, and one from dear elder, also I got a few from the young women in the ward, and one from sister Dunn there is no return address so I cannot send her a thank you card, mom will you tell her thank you for me :) ALLL of the pictures I love them!! I just can’t print them, but at least I have them and can see them!! They are soo soo so cutie!! Thank you for sending the books, I kind of already bought some.... but that’s why I want the DVDs... But I can still use them so thank you mom :) I cannot wait to get the package... almost all of the music that we have is leaving with sis Nixon so we are happy to be getting some more :) I am happy everyone is doing well. I would like if at all possible to be able to buy more light clothes but if not it’s ok, I would do it on pday, because all my clothes are not light weight at all... and yesterday it was already in the 90's so it would help a whole lot. but if there is not enough for that, that’s ok, I think the my card is important and then mom if you need it for what ever... you are the one supporting me now... oh and I did get reimbursed for the 60 for the luggage so maybe I will use that... I don’t know... but mom whatever you think is best... I don’t remember what the weather was like when it rained, it just rained and that it... I didn’t see any hail... aww well hmmm well ... my hair is long enough again to pull all of it back, but it is perfect for what I need as a missionary. oh mom if at all possible can I get a asl ctr ring... it has the letters in sign and not in English, I don’t know how much they cost but if they are cheap I would very much like one on accounts that you cannot tell that the one I am wearing now is a ctr ring.
I take it you want to know what happened this week, well. It was an ok week I have had really REALLY bad headaches in the back of my head... and so I drink water to try and help it and I take meds too but it doesn’t always work, I took a lot of naps because of it... I just pray that they will stop but so far today I have not had one yay!! :) Well I found out that I can call my investigators by their first names so it will be easy to keep their names straight... Janua (Jane from before) she was able to get a ride to church!! Yay!!! We are so happy she came!! She just needs to make a habit of going... aka always have a ride... and she and be baptized. Then there is the Vazquez family, oh how we love this family, they are so amazing!! Satan is working so hard on them, it is crazy but they are so so so strong, and they love the church so much!! yesterday at church their son Thomas who is 7 got up yesterday with his dad Sergio to give his testimony... and we have not yet taught them about that yet that are so so happy because of the gospel. and on Saturday night we had dinner with them, and it was such a good dinner, Ana the mom, said she hates making Mexican food here in America it just tastes different so she made us ham homemade mashed potatoes and salad. and it was so so so good. Then we taught them the word of wisdom and they accepted it, they said if god says no, then we don’t do it... Ana, the daughter said she thinks the only thing she will have a problem with is tea... but she said she will try. Oh I just love them so so so much!!! Then there is Stephen, what a great man he is, he is such a good husband. we are teaching him more about repentance, and he is asking so many inspired questions, and we think if he can get over the fact that he thinks that he has too many sins and that he can be forgiven of them, then he will be ready for baptism... he could be baptized on Sunday if he said he wanted to, he has gone to church for nine months and has been taught everything and is keeping all of the commandments, he just needs to understand that with baptism that is the only way to seal all of the work he has done to repent. I just love all of the people we are teaching, I am learning so much from them too. Ester Stephen's wife, is so cutie too, she works at Disneyland and is so sad that they changed her work schedule and now she has to work on Sundays, but it is a wonderful happen, Stephen comes to church all by himself. I am so happy to be serving them :)
There is a sister in my branch, the only one who comes and doesn’t have a calling to come and who is hearing... she reminds me so so much of crystal, she is just so giving and loves to help everyone else. She is also crafty like crystal too. :)
lets soo my companions are doing very well, like I said sis Nixon goes home tomorrow and then it will be only sis Jackson and I until April 10 and then a new asl sister comes to the mission, she is at the mtc now, that will be fun :)
Thank you so so much for all you do for me, it means the world to me that everyone is helping me be a servant of the lord and I am loving every second of it, and I cannot believe that I have already been here for a month, wow 3 months are finished... the rest of my life to be a missionary, I love it, it is hard to think of who I was before my pre-shirt life, but I think I was still a good person and I have looked back and seen the lord's hand in my life that I know he has prepared me for where I am at now and where my life needs to be heading. I am so thankful to have such good role models all of my life to look up too, to my mother to my lovely sisters, to my aunts, to my family friends, I am thankful for everyone in my life. And I can always see the lord’s hand in all of it :)
God be with you till we meet again
<3
Sister Longan
ps... Please please don’t stop sending me emails; I love them so so so so much :)
I take it you want to know what happened this week, well. It was an ok week I have had really REALLY bad headaches in the back of my head... and so I drink water to try and help it and I take meds too but it doesn’t always work, I took a lot of naps because of it... I just pray that they will stop but so far today I have not had one yay!! :) Well I found out that I can call my investigators by their first names so it will be easy to keep their names straight... Janua (Jane from before) she was able to get a ride to church!! Yay!!! We are so happy she came!! She just needs to make a habit of going... aka always have a ride... and she and be baptized. Then there is the Vazquez family, oh how we love this family, they are so amazing!! Satan is working so hard on them, it is crazy but they are so so so strong, and they love the church so much!! yesterday at church their son Thomas who is 7 got up yesterday with his dad Sergio to give his testimony... and we have not yet taught them about that yet that are so so happy because of the gospel. and on Saturday night we had dinner with them, and it was such a good dinner, Ana the mom, said she hates making Mexican food here in America it just tastes different so she made us ham homemade mashed potatoes and salad. and it was so so so good. Then we taught them the word of wisdom and they accepted it, they said if god says no, then we don’t do it... Ana, the daughter said she thinks the only thing she will have a problem with is tea... but she said she will try. Oh I just love them so so so much!!! Then there is Stephen, what a great man he is, he is such a good husband. we are teaching him more about repentance, and he is asking so many inspired questions, and we think if he can get over the fact that he thinks that he has too many sins and that he can be forgiven of them, then he will be ready for baptism... he could be baptized on Sunday if he said he wanted to, he has gone to church for nine months and has been taught everything and is keeping all of the commandments, he just needs to understand that with baptism that is the only way to seal all of the work he has done to repent. I just love all of the people we are teaching, I am learning so much from them too. Ester Stephen's wife, is so cutie too, she works at Disneyland and is so sad that they changed her work schedule and now she has to work on Sundays, but it is a wonderful happen, Stephen comes to church all by himself. I am so happy to be serving them :)
There is a sister in my branch, the only one who comes and doesn’t have a calling to come and who is hearing... she reminds me so so much of crystal, she is just so giving and loves to help everyone else. She is also crafty like crystal too. :)
lets soo my companions are doing very well, like I said sis Nixon goes home tomorrow and then it will be only sis Jackson and I until April 10 and then a new asl sister comes to the mission, she is at the mtc now, that will be fun :)
Thank you so so much for all you do for me, it means the world to me that everyone is helping me be a servant of the lord and I am loving every second of it, and I cannot believe that I have already been here for a month, wow 3 months are finished... the rest of my life to be a missionary, I love it, it is hard to think of who I was before my pre-shirt life, but I think I was still a good person and I have looked back and seen the lord's hand in my life that I know he has prepared me for where I am at now and where my life needs to be heading. I am so thankful to have such good role models all of my life to look up too, to my mother to my lovely sisters, to my aunts, to my family friends, I am thankful for everyone in my life. And I can always see the lord’s hand in all of it :)
God be with you till we meet again
<3
Sister Longan
ps... Please please don’t stop sending me emails; I love them so so so so much :)
No comments:
Post a Comment